Action items October 2015

From Hiscom
Jump to: navigation, search


From the HISCOM AGM October 2015 Hobart minutes.

Action Description Assigned to Comments Status
1 Document the requirements for images on the homepage (i.e. image quality, format?, caption, credits? Etc). Niels The batch of images may include 1 specimen, 1 vault, 1 field, etc.. so there is variety.
2 Provide Ainsley access to WordPress to be able to add images to AVH homepage, AVH dev and prod servers. Niels Done
3 Advise CHAH of HISCOM Action 1 from 2014 AGM. New page on wiki for presentations and documents promoting the value of herbaria. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015 Done
4 Inform ALA CCC role to be the conduit for the maintenance of the ALA Collectory pages. Rebecca The CCC was to put together brief instructions on how to maintain collectory pages, not do it. Alexis will do this, and will pass on to Ryonen for distribution to the botanical community when the position commences. Done
5 Recommend that CHAH approve the elected positions (Assistant Chair, Technical Coordinator, AVH User Liaison). Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
6 Recommendation to CHAH to officially thank the ALA for assisting the amalgamation of 2 countries herbarium collections once completed. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
7 Prompt official launch of AVH and press release. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. CHAH Chair is contacting ALA regarding a launch date. Done
8 Make the ‘annotations document’ available on the wiki. Niels
9 Advice to CHAH that HISCOM sees improving the Annotation Service to be a priority and to be included as part of the ALA Strategic Planning process. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. David Cantrill informed that there is an established annotations service developed in Berlin - standards, open source, potential use of code. Done
10 Document requirements of the annotations service. Ben Note: David Cantrill informed that there is an established annotations service developed in Berlin - standards, open source, potential use of code.
11 Provide Niels vocabulary for Fungi. Tom/Niels
12 Follow up with Bush Blitz on how to ID each expedition so they can be differentiated in AVH/ALA. Anne I’ve checked with Bush Blitz and they are happy to go with the proposed expedition names in the format Bush Blitz [year] [site/area name] – with no special characters in the name (hyphens, apostrophes etc). I also raised the idea that Bush Blitz ‘communicate’ the expedition name to participants when they are on a bush blitz expedition so that everyone is aware of the right name to use. Done
13 Recommend CHAH supports the proposal for Bush Blitz to create a unique ID for each expedition. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
14 Review data in Event Class: habitat, topography, aspect, geological substrate, substrate, soil and vegetation to determine potential vocabularies or to leave as free text fields. ALL
15 Contact TERN EcoInformatics to determine if there are already vocabularies for the following terms: habitat, topography, aspect, geological substrate, substrate, soil, vegetation. Donna Contacted Peter Wilson from CSIRO about obtaining permission to use Lithology, substrate, soil texture, landform pattern and landform element code tables from the CSIRO published 'Yellow Book'. Done
16 Expand the HISPID Review processes and convention document. Aaron/Niels/Anne/Ben Done
17 Advice to CHAH that the new version of HISPID was ratified by HISCOM, and that only “mechanical” changes are now required for publication. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
18 Provide feedback and suggestions on the NSL either through the feedback link or email. ALL Done via State Census Workflows Survey
19 Provide a summary of NSL workflows for editing etc. Anne
20 Recommend that CHAH support ‘open editing’ to institution delegates for APNI and APC continues to be edited by CANB. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
21 Recommend that CHAH funds a workshop for APNI and APC editors. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
22 Follow up API for image service for eFlora Platform. Rebecca This has been done – Ben and Mark are in touch. Done
23 Provide names and email addresses to Ben to be added to the HISCOM list. Donna Donna emailed the names and addresses to Ben 27th Nov 2015. Ben added Ryonen Butcher, Simon Checksfield and Johan Boshoff to the HISCOM list 8/12/2015. Done
24 Notify Pina (MAHC Chair) that HISCOM supports the Draft Standards and do not have any recommended changes at this stage. Donna Done
25 Check the ToR are updated on the wiki Donna
26 Add Anne Fuchs as an administrator to AVH FB page. Check Gillian Brown is still OK to continue being AVH admin once she has commenced at BRI Donna/Anne Gillian to remain admin of AVH FB. Anne has been added. Done
27 CHAH support a media release for the AVH launch. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
28 Set up rights for Donna Lewis to help administer the CHAH email list. Anne Done
29 Determine the process and requirements of using GitHub and redirects to the wiki for future HISCOM business. Niels Not a straightforward process or may not even be achievable Done
30 Advice to CHAH of HISCOMs intention to manage projects in GitHub rather than the wiki. HISCOM advise that this may also accommodate MAHCs needs Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
31 HISCOM require a clear strategic direction from CHAH. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done
32 Liaise with CHAH/MAHC re: next AGM. Donna HISCOM reported to CHAH AGM OCtober 2015. Done - next meeting Brisbane 17-21 Oct