Participants in HISCOM include information technology representatives from each of the Australian Commonwealth, State and Territory herbaria and representatives from the New Zealand herbaria. Representatives from related projects are invited to participate and collaborate.
- Australian National Herbarium (CANB) - Greg Whitbread; Jim Croft
- National Herbarium of Victoria (MEL) - Alison Vaughan, Niels Klazenga
- National Herbarium of New South Wales (NSW) - Karen Wilson; Gary Chapple
- Northern Territory Herbarium (DNA) - Donna Lewis
- Queensland Herbarium (BRI) - Peter Bostock
- State Herbarium of South Australia (AD) - Michelle Waycott; Eleanor Crichton
- Tasmanian Herbarium (HO) - Laurence Paine
- Western Australian Herbarium (PERTH) - Ben Richardson
- Australian Biological Resources Study (ABRS) - Helen Thompson
- Allan Herbarium (CHR) - Aaron Wilton
- Auckland Museum Herbarium (AK) -
- Te Papa Tongarewa Herbarium (WELT) -
Representatives from the Australian Fauna Collections Information Group (FCIG) technical subcommittee of the Council of Heads of Australasian Fauna Collections (CHAFC) are invited to participate in HISCOM meetings and teleconferences.